Beerkary Bakery at Small Batch (29 March 2015)
Beerkary is a pop-up bakery, which comes from a simple desire to combine our two favourite things – beer and baked goods. Each of our menus are inspired by the specific flavours profiles of matching beers and often use the same hops and malts.
Beerkary will be matching to beers on tap from Beard and Brau Brewing, Green Beacon and Batlow ciders. A special feature is “Tambo on Rye” (German bread lager) by Beard and Brau which used Beerkary’s 100% rye bread in the brewing process. The residual yeast has also be used in Beerkary breads, to celebrate the similar craft, science and ingredients in both beer and bread.
The sweet and savouries menu includes –
Matching to “Red’s Dead” by Green Beacon
- Hot smoked beef, ketchup, onion & cheese on sourdough
- Coffee, caramel and red fruit beerclair
Matching to “Tambo on Rye” by Beard & Brau and Beerkary
- Pork frikadellen, sauerkraut & pickles on sprouted rye bun
- Tamborine Black Forest Nitro ice cream sandwich (Chocolate cookie, Davidson plum, beer ice cream + ‘rye-lo’ roasted rye)
Matching to Apple Cider by Batlow
- Moreton bay shrimp, finger lime & avocado on seeded bagel
- Apple meringue pie
We hope to see you there!
Wandering Cooks, 1 Fish Lane, West End
Pastries and sandwiches range from $5– $11