Beerkary #10 – “Flavours of the Mountain” at Hoo Ha Bar for Brewsvegas
Beerkary is a pop-up bakery, which comes from a simple desire to combine our two favourite things – beer and baked goods. Each of our menus are inspired by the specific flavours profiles of matching beers and often use the same hops and malts.
As part of the annual Brewsvegas Festival, Beerkary Bakery will be celebrating “Flavours of the Mountain” at Hoo Ha Bar on Sunday 22 March. The menu for this event matches to local beers which are all brewed and inspired by the local flavours of Mt Tamborine. This includes locally farmed finger limes in a beer by Croft Brewing and quandong liqueur from Mt Tamborine Distillery in a Black Hops’ brew. Beerkary’s own rye bread was also used in the brewing of Beard & Brau’s lager.
The Beerkary menu of matching savoury and sweets includes –
BEER: Beacon St Red (Farmhouse Red infused with quandong liquer) by Black Hops Brewing
- Quandong & bitters jam with misty mountain blue cheese on Caramunich malt & quandong sourdough
- Chocolate, quandong & bitters mille-feuille
BEER: Tambo on Rye (Rye bread German lager) by Beard & Brau
- Black forest ham, sauerkraut & pickles on sprouted 100% Rye
- Bavarian Rye Bee Sting
BEER: Finger Lime IPA by Croft Brewing
- Australian Native Crayfish, Finger lime & Avocado on Croissant
- Finger lime and wild herb layer cake
BEER: Admiral Ackbar Imperial IPA by Fortitude Brewing
- Smoked Ackbar Bratwurst, Ketchup, Mustard & Onion on Grain Roll
- Rhubarb, Malt & Custard Scroll
Beerkary will also be supporting the Brewsvegas Launch Party on 21 March at Wandering Cooks, which features over 12 local brewers and food trucks. Beerkary’s stall will be focusing on beer- matched sweets including ice cream sandwiches, malt cookies and beercarons (beer-based macarons).
We hope to see you there!
Hoo Ha Bar
41 Tribune Street, South Brisbane
Sunday, 22 March
10am- 3pm (or until sold out)
Pastries and sandwiches range from $6– $12
FOR MORE INFORMATION