Beerkary #9: A very Green & Gold Christmas
On Sunday 21st December, Beerkary Bakery will be celebrating Christmas with Green Beacon Brewing in Newstead. The menu plays on some Christmas summer favourites and will matches to 7 beers by Green Beacon, including their new summer seasonal and a limited edition christmas cake infusion.
Green Beacon will be putting Wayfarer USA through sweet brandy + sherry macerated Christmas cake fruits (orange peel, currants, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, glace cherries etc) to give a bit of a different twist on a wintery spiced Christmas beer. Used in the tradition of Belgian Witbiers, the spices will adds subtle aromatics to build complexity into the beer without overpowering it.
Beerkary is a pop-up bakery, which comes from a simple desire to combine our two favourite things – beer and baked goods. Each of our menus are inspired by the specific flavours profiles of matching beers and often use the same hops and malts.
The Christmas menu and beer matches includes –
- Grandpas whole wheat bread with honey-glazed Christmas pork jowl. (matching to Anchor Amber)
- Rye, barley & walnut loaf with stilton cheese & apricot. (matching to Cross Knot Kolsch)
- Malted macadamia nut bun with king prawns & hoppy herby mayo. (matching to Grappler IPA)
- 3 Bolt Pavlova. (matching to 3 Bolt Pale Ale’s flavours of citrus, mango, stonefruit and pine needle)
- Chocolate & crystal malt fruit mince cookies. (matching to Penny Porter)
- “Australian Christmas cake” – Fruit cake lamington (matching to the Wayfarer + fruit cake infusion)
- “Beerclair” – Passionfruit, pineapple & enigma hop eclair. (matching to summer seasonal: Scrimshaw IPA)
We hope to see you there!
Green Beacon Brewing, 26 Helen St, Newstead, Qld 4006
Sunday, 21st December
11am- 3pm (or until sold out)
Pastries and sandwiches range from $6– $10
FOR MORE INFORMATION