Beerkary Bakery # 4 (in collaboration with Brewtal Brewers)
Returning to The Scratch on 6th July, the Beerkary Bakery will be matching to four great beers from Brewtal Brewers.
Beerkary is a pop-up bakery, which comes from a simple desire to combine our two favourite things – beer and baked goods. The pastries are made by chef Ben Devlin and this time the beers are made by brewer Tim Goulding.
This pop-up event also includes two special collaborative beers. “Sourdough Culture” is fermented with saison yeast and the same sourdough starter in Beerkary’s bread and “Wild Citrus Sesh” a pale ale using with wild herbs and flowers Beerkary especially picked from the Southbank Parklands community garden.
The menu of Brewtal beer and matching Beerkary sweet and savoury selections includes –
Bloody Good Stout (oatmeal stout with a roasty black finish)
- Chocolate, oatmeal brioche with caramelised milk.
- Oatmeal stout sourdough sandwich with hot smoked beef and pickles.
Brisbane River Brown (Brown ale with rich caramel / toffee malts)
- Brown butter scroll, grilled pear and salted caramel.
- Brown butter brioche with welsh rarebit. (like grilled cheese sandwich)
Sourdough Culture (Saison with slight tartness, spice and subtle honey sweetness)
- Sourdough croissant, honey, rye and spiced custard.
- Sprouted grain and honey sourdough sandwich with honey-glazed pork jowl, apple and mustard seeds.
Wild Citrus Sesh (Hoppy ale using the citrus heavy hops and blended with wild herbs)
- Lemon and wild flower layer cake
- Hopped croissant, with cured trout and wild herbs.
Selected Beerkary sourdough bread will also be on available as plain loaves to take home.
Hope to see you there!
The Scratch, 8/1 Park Road Milton, Qld 4064
Sunday, 6th July
10:00am start (until sold out)
Pastries range from $5 – $9